Tuesday, December 9, 2014

About Waiting...



Why is it that it is so hard for us to wait?  I don’t like to wait.  When I want something, I want it now, and more often than not, it just isn’t God’s plan.

I have been waiting on many things, for a very long time.  Frustration sometimes clouds my vision. 

I remember when I was young and seriously ill following the birth of our first child, Beth.  I cried out  for God and at the same time reached for my Bible which was lying open on my bedside table.   Did God have something there to help me?  Oh, God please help me.

I turned the page and read, “Wait on the Lord; be of good courage and He shall strengthen your heart.  Wait I say on the Lord.”  (Psalm 17:14 KJV) I turned the pages, “They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength.” (Isaiah 40:31 KJV)

Sometimes waiting is like looking at the fruit of a walnut tree.  The outer rind is bitter and as it weathers into the ground, it can become ugly.  Waiting is like that, too--from the outside, there's nothing beautiful or Good about it. 

Yet inside, the walnut kernel is refreshing and strengthening.  “But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.”

God bless you dear ones, as you wait.

 (About the photo.  This was taken by Beth's friend Catherine Mitchell.  this picture is of a Mama Eagle teaching her baby how to fly.)

No comments: